Lonsdale Metal Company Ltd
Tel: 020 8801 4221
Starting Salary: £24k – £26k
Location: North East London
Start Date: ASAP
Please apply by submitting your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: In the interests of business relations we are unable to consider current employees of existing customers.
Lonsdale are leaders in glass roof design & innovation supplying glazing systems throughout the UK for both domestic and commercial projects. Installations include The British Museum, 10 Downing Street, The National Gallery, Buckingham Palace, Holyrood Palace, US Ambassador’s Residence, Cliveden and The Royal Opera House. Leading commercial organisations such as Tesco, Nissan, Waitrose, Marks & Spencer and B&Q specify our products and many stations for Network Rail feature a Lonsdale glass roof including St Pancras, Liverpool Lime Street, Kings Cross and Waterloo. We also have an expanding domestic division supplying smaller rooflights and roof lanterns to builders and home improvement companies.
You will be joining a well funded, professionally managed business working along side a small, friendly team who will be supportive during your training period, helping you to make a success of your career and become a valuable member of the company.
Responsibilities / What You Will Be Doing
No day is the same as you will be dealing with enquiries from leading architects and the top construction companies one minute and a homeowner or small builder the next.
- Ideally you will have 2 years previous experience of estimating the supply only of windows or other building products
- Familiar with architectural drawings
- Enquiries come into our office via email, fax and telephone which you will be trained to assess, then recommend suitable products to customers and prepare estimates accordingly
- The sales process often takes several week, during which you will be answering queries relating to design, structural performance and building regulations
- Once orders are placed, you will be responsible for liaising with our Production Department and keeping the customer updated regarding delivery and lead times
This is a responsible position, but the atmosphere in our office is great and there is an upbeat team spirit.
- Ability to work quickly & accurately
- Good Numeracy
- Excellent customer focus and pride in doing a great job
- Commitment to excellence
- Excellent English, good communicator both verbal & written
- Good Word & Excel skills
- Experience of the construction and/or glazing industry
- Ability to read architectural drawings
- Ability to analyse bills of quantity and tender documentation
- Tottenham Hale London N17 bordering with Walthamstow E17
- Good overhead and underground connection
- On bus route
- Free parking